Monday, November 16, 2015

November 15/16

November 15

I have known my thought process as extraverted for a few months now, and I know that my lifestyle is a very bad one with respect to that fact.

If I don't do something about it, I will pay the price in all things I could have done and didn't do.

(seems enough this time)

November 16

Today's atheists are not all heretics as our sages have defined it -- i.e. as Epicurianism or an impatience that leads to a refusal to try to understand how a person can honestly/responsibly arrive at our religious mindset.  I have seen neither of these flaws in the atheists whose discussions I have studied/heard.

(This is not to say that heresy as Jews define it is dead...it isn't...it is inherent to this world)

The Judgement:  If so, and they level criticism against us, then belief in G-d implies there is some truth in that criticism, and we have an obligation to receive that truth with respect and gratitude.

^I've wanted to say that for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment