Friday, November 25, 2016

Where I Sit

Where I Sit
November 25, 2016

Where I sit, the air is cold
winter is here.
The air is dry as dust.
The ground is forgetting its warmth.

But elsewhere, the sea is warm
and the cold air touches the sea.
Elsewhere, the air is wet
and the warm air gathers to me.

And clouds are forming
it’s winter for me.
The snow is falling
and melting away.

The colors are hiding
falling away
ground cloaked like a baby
from every display.

The drink is coming
I wish I could stay.

I lift 
a precious drop
of water to my lips

a long-thirsted song
on how the water drips.

We are 
not alone
whether or not
we like it.

We are
who we are
and also
who we are not.

The sky
and the sea
what is cold,
yet what is hot.

and by Aryeh Kaplan’s Sefer Yetzira:  The Book of Creation in Theory and Practice.)


הורים הרים מקום קיבוץ השלג.  מקום המעינות.

No comments:

Post a Comment