Monday, February 22, 2016

The Colours of Heaven (poem)

A poem I wrote to share on MagicDuel, yesterday or the day before.


The Colours of Heaven


Shadows burst up from the ground
reds and blues show and vanish...

...the colors have lost their crown
they are not known, not now.

as dreams of spectrum die
as light grows less intense

my embarrassments unhide
and like the shadows, upward stretch

here, before my eyes,
where rest is not, not yet...

--

was it ever not a lie? No
But it's fact,

real even false,
real unknowing, unforgiven.

the shame is here

--

here in the shadow that moments past was a colored tree

here in this eye we call the earth
as real as you or me...

--

I don't see the tree, who could
Dark blue covers my world

I don't know the way, I should
here under my blanket curled...

...the way up through the window
where flow body's mental streams

belief allowed for life,
but my fact allows a dream

--

In a dream I was unclothed
couldn't see that while awake.

In the dream I finish robed
I hope that isn't a mistake.

--

I'll pretend it isn't real
I'll pretend that I'm a fake

I'll run and do what I will do
jump into the lonely lake

Because once I saw a map
and on the map there was an island

on the island was a path
and in the path my fact is silent

--

Swim till shadows burst aground
till colours show and vanish

till the day the heart is crowned
till the light my fact will banish

No comments:

Post a Comment